Design is a very important element in construction and engineering. While these industries focus on designing and creating the mechanical background of a project, design is a starting and a finishing aspect that is very closely related to people, communications and understanding clients needs. It is important for a construction industry to provide the quality experiences and appealing aesthetics.
Below are some design professions found in Construction:
- Interior Designer – works on the conceptual development, communicates with the stakeholders of a project and the management and executes the design.
- Architect – plans, designs, and oversees the construction of buildings and provides services in connection with the design and construction of buildings and the space within.
- CAD Technician – uses software to create design plans for buildings and machinery in a wide range of industries, such as engineering, construction and manufacturing.
- Design Manager – manages all the processes in relation to producing a set of drawings that a building can be built from. They are also known as Design & Build Co-ordinators.
- Building Designer – is first and foremost a professional familiar with all facets of the building trade, whose plans and designs represent the particular needs, style and budget of the client.